– Tell us about yourself
– Why did you choose the major you did in your undergraduate degree?
– Tell us about the company where you work?
– State your job description
– What are your key accomplishments while working or while studying?
– What projects are you working on currently?
– Why did you switch jobs? (in case you did)
– For how long have you been planning to do an MBA?
– Your grades are low in Bachelors. Why? (in case you have)
– Do you think your GMAT/GRE score is the best?
– What are your career goals?
– Why an MBA now?
– Why an MBA from LUMS?
– What is your motivation for pursuing an MBA?
– How will an MBA from LUMS help you further your career goals?
– Do you read books?
– What books do you read?
– Name a business book you read and two concepts you learned from it.
– Why do you have a low score in GRE/GMAT?
And then some random questions (these vary from one candidate to the other)
– What do you think about the flyover being constructed in DHA main boulevard?
– What are the problems this flyover will create?
– Do you think roads are important?
– So do you think that giving importance to roads over hospitals and schools is a good move in the current scenario?
– Suppose you are given a remote area. Would you make a road first or a school?
– Which countries are involved in CPEC?
– What is the GDP of Pakistan?
– What is inflation in Pakistan?
– Is CPEC only constituted of roads?
– Why do you think companies are preferring China even when the labour costs are same. Why not Pakistan?
– Can you give an example of China’s technology advancement?
– Whats the tax to GDP ratio of Pakistan and what determines interest rates in Pakistan?
– What is the difference between mean and median? When looking at LUMS graduates salaries, would you look at their mean or median for a more accurate measure?
Watch the video below to find some further details on LUMS interview questions and how to prepare for it: