2014 GRE Registration in Pakistan
GRE is a highly competitive and challenging entrance test for all Pakistani students planning to pursue higher education in the U.S. Moreover most of the GRE students in Pakistan are unfamiliar with many of the periphery steps required for GRE registration in Pakistan. In this article I will elucidate the various methods for GRE registration in Pakistan.
Prometric testing center, which is located in Lahore, Karachi & Pakistan is the organisation that conducts the GRE exam in Pakistan. It does this in collaboration with the United States Education Foundation in Pakistan – in short the USEFP. The single biggest reason that students register for the GRE exam in Pakistan is the Fulbright scholarship. Every year the US government, through the USEFP, provides hundreds of scholarships to Pakistani students for higher education in the U.S. GRE is the core requirement for the Fulbright scholarship program.
SEE ALSO: GRE Test Dates 2014
Before I explain the various methods of registering for the GRE exam in Pakistan, let me give you a breakdown of the fees associated with taking the test.
- The GRE general test costs $185 in Pakistan.
- The GRE general test can be rescheduled by paying an additional $50.
- If you want to change you GRE Test center it will cost you an extra $50.
4 free score reports are associated with the GRE test. This means that by paying the GRE fee of $190, you are allowed to send up to 4 score cards for free to various institutes and organisations.
SEE ALSO: GRE Customized Score Reports
- For each extra score report you will have to pay an additional $25.
- If you want to get your GRE test reviews it will cost an extra $50 for verbal and quantitative sections and another $55 for the analytical writing section.
There are multiple ways for registering for the GRE test in Pakistan. Before you register for the GRE test, you must check the available test dates for GRE in 2014 for Pakistan. Following is an exclusive list of all the different methods that can be used to register for GRE test in Pakistan.
Important: You do not need a passport in order to register for the GRE test. However you need your passport on the test day since it is the only ID accepted by the ETS. Therefore make sure you have a VALID passport at the time you take the GRE exam.
SEE ALSO: Average GRE Scores of Pakistani Students
There are 5 different modes of registering for the GRE.
Visit the Prometric testing center
This is a preferred method for GRE registration. It requires you to visit the prometric testing center in any of the three location; Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad. You must take a bank draft in US dollars in favor of “United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan”. The demand draft should be of $185 in value. Simply fill the registration form available at the Prometric test center and attach the bank draft with it. You will be intimated of your test date in a couple of days via mail.
For Pakistani GRE applicants having access to a credit/debit card can also register and schedule their GRE test Online. Please remember that you must have either one of the following credit cards in order to do GRE registration in Pakistan online: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, VISA.
- Fill the International Test Scheduling Form and fax it to 60-3-7628-3366.
- You can get this form here
- A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be faxed or mailed backed to you. If you provide an e-mail address, you may receive a confirmation by e-mail. You need to take this confirmation code with you on the test day.
- To register for GRE in Pakistan you can also call Regional Registration Center, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at +60-3-7628-3333 at least two business days before your preferred GRE test date. For GRE students in Pakistan, the regional center in Kuala Lumpur.
- On call you will submit your credentials and a confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be given to you when you call. As usual you will have to take this code with you on the test day.
- For students in Pakistan planning to register for GRE in Pakistan can also register for the test by mail. Simply download the GRE Registration form from the website www.gre.org and mail it to the Regional Registration Center.
- The form must be sent at: Prometric P.O. Box 12964 50794 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be faxed or mailed to you. If you provide an e-mail address, you may receive a confirmation by e-mail.
SEE ALSO: Fulbright Scholarship Pakistan