GRE Registration in Pakistanby
GRE is a highly competitive and challenging entrance test for all Pakistani students planning to pursue higher education in the U.S. Moreover most of the GRE students in Pakistan are unfamiliar with many of the periphery steps required for GRE registration in Pakistan. In this article we will elucidate the various methods for GRE registration in Pakistan.
There are multiple ways for completing your GRE registration in Pakistan. Following is an exclusive list of all the different methods/channels that can be used to register for GRE test in Pakistan.
From the Prometric Testing Center
This is the most preferred method of GRE registration in Pakistan. As a GRE student in Pakistan you simply need to visit any of Prometric Testing centers in Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad and register. At the time of registration you need to:
- Download and completely fill GRE Registration Form (PDF) form from the website www.gre.org.
- Bring a Passport size picture, copy of NIC and Passport.
- Payment mode is Bank Draft (Rupees) equivalent to $190 in favor of “United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan”. Remember the conversion rate between rupee and dollar varies greatly so as a Pakistani applicant of GRE you must keep that in mind. Either buy the dollars and have a bank draft made in that amount or get the equivalent rupee.
For Pakistani GRE applicants having access to a credit/debit card can also register and schedule their GRE test Online at http://www.ets.org/bin/getprogram.cgi?test=gre. Please remember that you must have either one of the following credit cards in order to do GRE registration in Pakistan online: American Express, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, VISA.
- Fill the International Test Scheduling Form and fax it to 60-3-7628-3366.
- You can this form at http://www.ets.org/s/gre/pdf/intl_test_scheduling_form.pdf
- A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be faxed or mailed backed to you. If you provide an e-mail address, you may receive a confirmation by e-mail. You need to take this confirmation code with you on the test day.
- To register for GRE in Pakistan you can also call Regional Registration Center, in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at +60-3-7628-3333 at least two business days before your preferred GRE test date. For GRE students in Pakistan, the regional center in Kuala Lumpur.
- On call you will submit your credentials and a confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be given to you when you call. As usual you will have to take this code with you on the test day.
- For students in Pakistan planning to register for GRE in Pakistan can also register for the test by mail. Simply download the GRE Registration form from the website www.gre.org and mail it to the Regional Registration Center.
- The form must be sent at: Prometric P.O. Box 12964 50794 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
- A confirmation number, reporting time, and the test center address will be faxed or mailed to you. If you provide an e-mail address, you may receive a confirmation by e-mail.