GRE Preparation in Lahore
8-Week GRE Prep Course in Lahore
Start Date: 23rd February 2019
End Date: 14th April 2019
Instructor: Talha Omer
Time: Compulsory Class: Saturday & Sunday (6:00 pm – 9:00 pm) + Optional Class Friday (6 – 9 pm).
Venue of Classes: 190 – C Model Town, Lahore Google Map
Cost: PKR 30,000
How to Sign-up? Deadline to register is 16th February 2019. To Register & to Confirm your spot please call us at 0331-4513196.
You may fill this GRE Form to stay updated with the latest GRE prep emails and updates.
*Compulsory Class A compulsory class covers new topics and new GRE Questions from all 3 sections of the test; quantitative, verbal and analytical writing.
*Optional Class An optional class does not cover any new topics or GRE questions. It is useful for those who want to discuss their homework.
|Sign Up Today!|
Background: Brightlink Prep has been conducting GRE preparation in Lahore since 2012; between 2012 and 2016 we have helped over 5000 students prepare for the GRE exam.
Our Results: Brightlink Prep has produced phenomenal results during this time – we have had 67 students with perfect GRE quantitative scores and 11 students with perfect verbal scores. 91 of our students have scored above 330 on the GRE exam with 3 students getting a near perfect score. Brightlink Prep has produced the highest number of Fulbright scholars than any other preparation institute in Pakistan. Our students have been to top universities ranging from all Ivy League schools to Stanford, MIT, Caltech, and INSEAD etc.
Our Instructor: Talha Omer heads the GRE preparation in Lahore. In 2007 he took his GRE exam and scored 1590/1600 (current equivalent of 339/340). Then he went on to graduate on a full scholarship from a top ranked U.S. university, Cornell, and also did a couple of courses at Harvard. A top GRE score allowed him the opportunity to do truly inspirational work at Harvard and Cornell – for which he was awarded the second highest achiever.
The Instruction Methodology: Since Talha started teaching in 2012 he has taken the GRE exam nearly 20 times (5 times every year). By continuously taking the GRE exam, he has been able to regularly upgrade himself to the latest content and curriculum of the course. This has also allowed him to deliver extremely focused content for GRE preparation in all the classes that he teaches. The GRE prep classes focus on not only providing a detailed overview of a topic and the 100s of strategies but it also provides real-exam like practice questions.
Course Details: We offer an 8-week GRE prep course in Lahore. Classes meet twice a week for 3 hours each of instruction and once for a 3 hour optional discussion session.
GRE Prep Course Features
- Most Up to date course material, 2500+ questions and practice exams
- Daily and weekly online timed quizzes to help you follow a daily routine
- 99th percentile GRE Prep Instructors
- 60 Course Hours in 8 Weeks
- 12 Full-length Online Practice Exams to build your test taking stamina
- No need to buy any books or material – we provide it all
Talha Omer: It has been 5 years now since he has been teaching the GRE classes. In 2007, he first took the GRE exam when he wanted to apply to graduate school in US. He scored 1590/1600 (equivalent of 339/340 on the current GRE scoring scale) on very first attempt. With this score he gained admission to the prestigious IVY league school, Cornell University, on 100% scholarship and graduated with an honors degree.
Since he started teaching in 2012, Talha has taken the actual GRE exam nearly 20 times (5 times per year). By continuously taking the GRE exam, he has been able to keep himself updated to the latest content and curriculum of the course. This has also allowed him to deliver extremely focused content for GRE preparation in all the classes that he teaches.
Talha Omer has been featured on various media channels from GEO TV, to ARY and PTV.
We deliver the GRE preparation classes at 190-C Model Town, Lahore.
Read our Genuine Reviews on Facebook as well!
GRE: 338 out of 340
It all began in mid July of this year when a friend of mine told me about BrightLink Prep, just three days before the beginning of their new session. I took the entrance diagnostic test and trial class and decided to attend their classes. It proved to be a very wise decision in retrospect, since Sir Talha Omer has played a massive role in my success. This is not to say that you cannot prepare for GRE on your own, but if like me you’re distracted too easily and are too lazy to carve out a study plan and stick to it by sheer determination, BrightLink Prep is the place for you. All you will have to do is take your weekend classes regularly and do the assignments and quizzes diligently and everything will be taken care for. Besides, you will always have a mentor in Sir Talha to look for when in trouble. I registered myself for the GRE and selected 3rd October as test date.
Fast forward eight weeks, by the start of September I had completed my 8 week course at BrightLink, taken all the quizzes and done every assignment and practice exercises assigned by Sir Talha. I didn’t touch the Manhattan 5lb or any other GRE book, the class coursework proved to be enough. This course gave me ample practice for the quantitative questions and reading comprehensions / critical reasoning questions. I had however neglected vocabulary all this while, and to make up I dedicated the first two and a half weeks of September solely to vocabulary. In hindsight, this wasn’t the right thing to do. It’s better to learn vocabulary from the start, little by little, in conjunction with the rest of the preparation, instead of dedicating days or weeks at the end to it at the cost of valuable quantitative and verbal practice. If it wasn’t for Sir Talha’s timed intervention, I would have wasted my prior hardwork in the last couple of weeks. Sir Talha directed me to start giving mock exams. I complied and took almost 12 mock tests in as many days before the test. This was vital practice since I figured out some crucial time management strategies from taking these tests. Two days from the actual test, I stopped taking practice exams, revised all the words I had learnt and brought my preparation to a close. The last day I studied nothing, hung out with friends, kept myself distracted to elude all last day nervousness, and most importantly went to bed early. I cannot stress this enough. You must not underestimate the importance of a good night’s sleep before the test. Your mind has to be totally alert and stay so for almost 4 hours during the six sections of the test. So sleep is pivotal. Anyways, I had a good breakfast on the test morning, and reached the test centre one hour before the test. The number of practice tests I had taken made the actual test appear pretty normal in terms of difficulty. The rest is history 😛
GRE: 334 out of 340
My name is Fatima and I have a BSc in Economics from LUMS. I had been putting my GRE off since my graduation. It just seemed so scary – I hardly knew what an online timed test required and I was very anxious about the math. A friend of mine showed me the Facebook page for Brightlink Prep and I read a few of Talha’s articles. He seemed to be very concerned and friendly because I saw him reply to every question and every post. But at the time I was working in Islamabad and didn’t know how I would manage classes in Lahore, so I registered on the phone and thought I’d try it out for a week. Talha is a really, really good teacher. He knows what he’s doing, and he knows it inside out. He keeps himself involved and he always knows the latest news and materials available. I found his classes to be well-organized and extremely helpful.. I was already above average in the Verbal part but I was really average in Quant. I used to ask Talha stupid questions but he was always patient with them and I never walked out of a single class confused. I took daewoo rides every Thursday and early morning every Monday back and forth for Islamabad! But this effort really paid off.
While taking my GRE, on almost every quant question, I was like I know this! and I could remember what Talha had said about that particular kind of question. It was so easy for me, I couldn’t believe it (because math is never easy for me typically).
Talha also has access to a lot of practice material, which I found to be very helpful in helping me get a good score. I think Brighlink Prep was without doubt one of the best decisions I made post-graduation. It helped me get a stellar GRE score and use it for graduate school programs! I recommend Talha to everyone who is about to take the GRE and has apprehensions about taking classes for standardized testing (believe me, I’ve been there, SAT classes by you-know-who) When the teacher is good, the classes are really worth it! My entire family knows about Talha and whenever my Dad praises my GRE scores infront of someone, they always say ‘Yeh talha ki waja se aaya tha’ (implying I’m not that smart on my own :/)
Thank you Talha!
GRE: 321 out of 340
Joining Brightlink Prep was probably one of the best decisions i made. Why i joined it?? The moment i decided that i was going to take GRE , i started asking around about the academies . Most of the people recommended Brightlink(Seniors mostly) but i took some classes of other academies as well before coming to Brightlink Prep.Brightlink was the only academy whose atmosphere and teaching staff (mainly Sir Talha) satisfied me. I live outside Lahore so, i had to travel weekly to attend the classes. Was it worth it?? Well it paid off really well at the end. In the beginning , i was above average at maths and below average in verbal section. As the classes went by, my verbal skills improved drastically and maths also became somewhat easy and less time consuming(due to techniques taught by Sir in class).
All in all, Brightlink is the best place there is , to prepare for GRE. No other academy or institution would give that much attention to individual students as Sir Talha give.
GRE: 336 out of 340
I would recommend a Brightlink Prep course to anyone who wants to score high on the GRE exam. The teachers are really smart and practical and are willing to go the extra mile to get you a good score. These guys have a long history with the GRE exam and Talha, who is the main guy behind BLP, has taken the GRE several times to keep up to the pace of the actual exam. I spent three months with them and after that I was able to score in the 98th percentile – most of the questions I saw on the actual exam were pretty similar to what I had seen in the classes and assignments at BLP. 5 stars for BLP!
GRE: 334 out of 340
I had studied GRE before on my own and from an academy in Islamabad but was able to get only 297. I was really disappointed but then a friend told me about Brightlink Prep. I needed a 320 to get funding for a PhD program and when I contacted Talha and told him about my situation he decided to give me a one to one private tutoring session. I was able to get my score up to 334 in just a month. I observed that the teachers in Brightlink were extremely knowledgeable and flexible, and I could tell that they genuinely cared about my performance as well as my final score. So much so, that he took time out of his busy schedule to meet me at the testing center and personally give me a pep talk before the big exam.
GRE: 337 out of 340
BrightLink Prep is probably the best place to study GMAT/GRE in Lahore, What is special about the place is its great atmosphere, the affability and personal involvement of the instructors. Additionally, having scored in the top 99% percentile of verbal reasoning in the GRE I can also attest that it is one of the few places, where instructor has a solid understanding of not just quantitative but also the verbal section (this is very rare). The foreign resources utilized are not taught verbatim but integrated with a desi flavour. Lastly, given the centers’ openness to self-criticism and feedback, I would suggest, perhaps the students would gain more in the long run if Bright Link does not merely optimize towards their students to get higher verbal grades but also inculcates good reading habits (this is of course done e.g. reading material is allotted) but also focus on the big picture of reading diverse material should not be forgotten in the process: its associated critical thinking and openness to disparate ideas.
GRE: 318 out of 340
I got goosebumps when I saw my “VERBAL” score as I wasn’t expecting that much from myself as an Engineering student. Critical Reasoning skills of the instructor and specifically his tips i found it really helpful in my GRE exam.
I aver that If I wouldn’t have joined BrightLink Prep for my GRE, I couldn’t have achieved this excellent score. I strongly recommend new bees who wanna enroll in GRE/GMAT to get themselves registered as soon as possible to have fun with their exams.
GRE: 329 out of 340
It was an awesome experience to be at BrightLink Prep. I was really wanting in most topics of GRE but BrightLink Prep was there to help me and channelize my efforts. The most laborious part of GRE is neither verbal and analytical nor Quant, its time management! Its all about understanding the trick, managing the time and developing the speed-This is what BrightLink Prep taught me. At the end, I have a little advice for prospective students, please join BrightLink Prep once you make up your mind to take GRE/GMAT, since otherwise you would screw up the whole year and join another session like me.
GRE: 319 out of 340
For me experience at BrightLink Prep had been a great one. I joined it for my GRE Prep and secured a good score of 319. Regular classes, Assignments and Online quizzes help you to keep preparation on track. The hard work you put in coupled with guidance of Sir Talha ensures promising results. I will highly recommend it to everyone seeking guidance for GRE or GMAT preparation.
GRE: 326 out of 340
I would like to say that Brightlink Prep helped me immensely towards my goal of a 320+ GRE score. I had dealt with many GRE books in the past but BLP was years ahead in their practice questions and techniques. They give you so much material to use that you become a GRE expert, which definitely boosts your confidence on test day. The best source of GRE Preperation and best GRE Tutor in the Town. Period.
I’ve had the unfortunate chance of studying GMAT from three different places in Lahore and online out of which I can confidently put BrightLink at the top of the table. The technologically and logically sound instructor, Talha Omer is committed to providing an excellent preparation service to all the students along with personalized help, support, advice and assistance to anyone in need. A must 2 month crash course for any student looking for a healthy score in GMAT or the GRE.
Sir Talha is one of the most dedicated teachers I’ve studied with. Through his teaching methodologies and the ample practice material, students master test skills very quickly …. I also had a great learning experience, not only did I make through LMAT test but Sir Talha also guided me for Statement of Purpose and interview which made my application for LUMS MBA successful …. Anyone looking to ace GMAT/GRE must attend classes at BrightLink Prep .
Hey Sir, I find brighlink prep very helpful for the preparation of GRE/GMAT and I hope many people can avail the chance to study under such talented teacher as you are. After a year of preparing for the GRE with so many other books, I finally decided to take the Brightlink Prep Course. I read the reviews and liked what I saw. Now that I have finished the course, I understand why so many people love studying at Brightlink. The preparation is second to none.
The best possible environment n place available to rigorously study for the GRE. Comprehensive review of each n every topic. Very well crafted model tests n quizzes to determine personal ability n skills and workout on weak areas. I look forward to preparing for the GMAT as well later on with Brightlink. Thank you Brightlink Prep and thank you to my instructor. If one has to choose for the best contact Sir Talha Omer
Best place for preparation of GRE in Pakistan plus excellent support. The excellence of BLP is unparalleled. They have excellent material and they are able to effectively teach powerful GRE techniques to their students. BLP also provided me with a vast amount of GRE material for extra practice and honing. In combination, these factors contributed immensely to my optimal performance on the actual test.
An Extra ordinary place to learn for Ordinary ones. I would recommend this course to anyone! I have learned so much over the past 8 weeks. I was excited to come to class during the week, to study on the weekends and to put it all together with practice quizzes and tests through the BLP online portal because they made it easy.
Place which provides excellent environment for students to prepare for abroad and to help them compete with students from other countries. By joining this academy, you not only get to prepare for your Gre/ Gmat tests but they also help you in applying for Full bright scholarship along with all applications and documents…
I had the opportunity to take the preparation course for GRE at Bright Link and according to me it’s by far the most suitable place to get oneself prepared for the challenge ahead. The methodology and material is that you encounter at the center is very relevant for good score in GRE exam. I am absolutely delighted, so thank you very much for all your help.
If you are preparing for a high level exam then it is always good to have a mentor who not only guides you but also helps you solve your problems. I have no hesitation in saying that Brightlink Prep is a whole package to help you achieve your goals. There are more practice tests than I know what to do with and I was able to see improvement in my scores as I progressed through the course.
Highly recommended place to prepare for the GRE if you’re looking around in Lhr/Isb. The material, the presentation definitely make this academy stand out in the crowd. Words cannot describe the elation! I thank you for providing that value I hoped for and helping me obtain a score that should get me into any program I desire.
Its the BEST place for GRE prep. in Pakistan as far as i know! & especially such a wonderful experience having taught by one of the BEST teacher and GREAT human being…i have ever come across in my life…. ‘Mr. Talha’..! everyone in Pakistan, who wants to give GRE, must go there for excellent preparation! I’m writing to offer my heartfelt thanks for this amazing program you’ve developed.
GRE: 316 out of 340
Amazing place. Detailed review : I think BrightLinkPrep (BLP) is the one of its kind place to study GRE and GMAT in Pakistan. I highly recommend it to everyone, specially to those students who want to improve their mathematical reasoning capability in general and specifically for the GRE/GMAT tests. I fully attribute my reasonably good GRE score to BLP and of course Talha. A simple conclusion is that Talha rocks!! both as an instructor and as a person.
GRE: 315 out of 340
BrightLink Prep is not just a tuition centre but a learning institution / community. The coursework is very detailed and is systematically taught to push the students towards the best possible results they can get. The individual attention is excellent and Talha and his supporting staff are always willing to help the students. I would definitely suggest Brightlink Prep to anyone SERIOUS in getting a good percentile in GRE or GMAT.
GRE: 317 out of 340
BLP is by far Pakistan’s most advanced test preparation center. Highly recommended for students who plan to take GRE, GMAT or SAT. They simply have the most extensive, well designed and comprehensive course for GRE and GMAT to offer at the moment. I understood the key concepts needed to ace the exam.
GRE: 321 out of 340
Brightlink Prep as a resource centre is excellent. With 80+ hours of lectures and over 10 full-length mock exams, it is an extremely effective place. The homework questions and the vocabulary lists are most accurate to the actual GRE stuff. Talha is one of the best instructors I have studied from in a while. Make no mistakes, you have to put in the effort on your end, but in terms of student satisfaction I think this was really amazing. Thanks.
GRE: 313 out of 340
BrightLink provides an ideal class room environment, where learning is not just limited to Exam dates. Interaction with students and professionals of different industries and academics, and career counselling are its key note features. The course materials, practice tests, homework help are incredibly helpful. Thumbs up BrightLink!
GRE: 317 out of 340
The best place for GRE in Lahore. GRE is not an easy exam and even the quant part is daunting for engineers like me. But Brightlink made it so simple and I not only ended up getting a 90 percentile GRE score but I also got a fully funded admission to Virginia Tech.
GRE: 318 out of 340
The most interesting thing about Brightlink is its unique inventive environment which helps in understanding the most possible ways the GRE-GMAT is going to twist you!! It helped me making out a success for GRE in just a couple of weeks. Highly recommended for the people who want to make it up in extremely short extent of time.
GRE: 309 out of 340
My experience at this academy was absolutely outclass. The way sir Talha conveys his knowledge and extra tips for GRE and GMAT is just extra ordinary. I used to be the guy in his class to tease him alot, keep on passing funny comments and yeah i was the only one to request for break of 10 mins to relax a bit and the looks he gave to me !! WOAH EPIC !! But the point i’m trying to make here is that he never stopped giving attention to me and kept on advising me and kept on giving some extra tips for GRE. The regular 6-9 classes. The online quizes and most importantly those lengthy never ending assignments were the main cause of getting a good score. I recommend everyone to join Brightlink Prep for GRE/GMAT prep because its the best academy out there in Pakistan. Keep on rocking sir !
Thanx alot for everything.
GRE: 330 out of 340
AOA everyone, Though I never had the chance to attend Sir Talha’s GRE prep classes nor have I ever met him in person. But I can still say with full conviction that BrightLinkPrep (BLP) is the best place in Pakistan for GRE and GMAT prep. How ??? I have interacted with Sir Talha on facebook and though mobile phone. During my GRE prep Sir Talha used to graciously spare time for me whenever I asked him, and I can still remember his concise and straight replies to my queries, mostly regarding GRE verbal. I can attribute my relatively good verbal score to Sir Talha’s advice. I just wish I was based in Lahore, I would have definitely registered in BrightLink and I would have definitely scored 330+. Simply put: Sir Talha Rocks not only as an expert in GRE and GMAT prep but also as a person. I think anyone who has a strong desire to achieve a good score in GRE/GMAT should register at BrightLink.
GRE: 314 out of 340
Definitely the best place and the best teacher in Lahore for GRE preparation!!! My instructor did an excellent job. She provided some great strategies that I was able to implement with minimal training. My hat off to her for the support she provided. Yes, this course is a lot of money, but it’s probably some of the best money I have ever spent on my education.
GRE: 315 out of 340
An excellent working environment, combined with Talha’s positive and helpful personality makes this THE best institute for GMAT/GRE preparation in Lahore! You can always count on a good score if you follow through with Talha’s advice and schedule. I entered the class without any GRE prep, and while it was challenging it was worth every penny I spent on it. If you are serious about doing well on the GRE, this course is a must.
GRE: 310 out of 340
Best place for GRE/GMAT preparation and the best Tutor available in Pakistan. The experience at brightlink Prep has been great to me. Talha is the most dedicated teacher I have ever seen. An excellent teacher, a great human being and a sincere friend. Teaching methodologies and also the use of modern technology such as Edmodo makes brightlink Prep stand out from other academies. Anyone looking to ace GMAT/GRE must attend BrightLink Prep.
BrightLink and Talha both have been phenomenal. Talha is such a true guide for anyone pursuing GRE/GMAT especially for any one in Pakistan. I am in USA now and feel lucky to have got Talha omer as my teacher for GRE class. Though i have not given my GRE uptill now which Talha repeatedly asked me to give right after our GRE class session of two months but i am still in touch with books and trust me it is difficlut. So follow Talha with complete faith.
Brightlink Prep is no doubt the best institute for GRE/GMAT preparation if you aim to achieve best possible scores. Small class size and personal attention you get from Talha differentiate Brightlink from other institutes. I always advice the people i know to join one of Talha’s session to ace the test. I did prep for two months and got a 85 percentile score.
Talha is an extremely thoughtful and kind teacher who takes genuine interest in the wellbeing of his students which makes BrightLink inevitably the best preparation center. His concern regarding my objectives have been invaluable to me. Moreover his assistance with the Fulbright application really helped me get through with the scholarship.
Sir, Talha omer is like a star who sprinkles his knowledge with full magnitude and of total quality at its peak.If u want to get 170 in quantitative then you need to go there,i was the normal student but the day i got 167 in quant. i am no more normal:-p(eng weak ha mere in 2nd portion of test i got opposite marks. ) ,,,, ….no more words to say as you can go there if u want to get 320+ in GRE but remember no pain no gains,,,,,,hardwork is a key to success,,,,,i guarantee that two months coaching from brightLink+1 month self practice=your desired marks in GRE ,,,
Whenever it comes to preparing GRE, three things matter significantly: relevant yet concise material; the one who can make you understand when you cannot makes sense of nuts and bolts of Quantitative and Verbal questions (they are purposefully made tricky and are ridiculously boring); and the environment. And here by environment I mean not a quiet place as many test takers erroneously assume and make a mistake of preparing for no less a monster test like GRE, but by environment I mean an active and challenging place where everyone comes prepared to challenge oneself and the tutor if not his/her class-mates. Fortunately, a smart guy called Talha Omer has come forward to offer the tools and essentials of GRE prep at one place, the BrightLink Prep. There is no short cut to good GRE score and no way out but only through which Talha is the best to offer in Pakistan.
Some of the many factors that contribute to why I feel so highly of BrightLink are: 1. The instructor and the students had good vocal interaction. The environment was friendly but informative and educational, nonetheless. 2. Every aspect of the course (GRE, in my case) was covered with not only explanation and examples during the class but also tones of homework assignments and quizzes that further gave understanding to each topic. There were also mock exam sessions for better preparation of the course. 3. Those who still could not understand any content within the class could come separately to Talha (the instructor) or ask other students. 4. Price is reasonable given the quality of delivered material. Location and sitting environment was good, too. 5. I think there was a pizza party, too, but I missed a few lectures so not quite sure. All in all, it was time and money not wasted. I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking to study for GRE/GMAT/SAT. — Anas.
It is no doubt the best place to study for GRE if you’re studying for it from scratch and you haven’t been in touch with Math since ages because you’re a Human Science student. Why I would recommend this to everyone is because the GRE taught by Sir Talha is very much rooted in the current trends of GRE’s type or way of questioning and the little tricks one need to learn to do the exam smartly, rather than by wasting time on it are taught in this class. Definitely recommend it!
Amazing job done by Talha Omer for GRE/GMAT prep in Lahore, its his expert advice and wonderful teaching method which makes learning easy. Winning a World Bank Scholarship for a fully funded masters degree would not have been possible without help of BrightLink Prep. High Recommendations for the institution and even higher for the faculty. Good luck Talha Omer and BrightLink
A very good experience. The way Sir Talha teaches is amazing. The tips and tricks that allow you to tackle the seemingly difficult questions are very well covered. Moreover there is sufficient practice and discussion enabling you to improve yourself. Moreover Sir Talha is always willing and dedicated to help you with any problems that you come across. The course is also well organized with each topic being dealt with properly for both the quantitative and verbal sections. All in all it is a very beneficial course.
The best team to help you pass GRE & GMAT. From individual tutoring to stimulating class activities. They even guide you in structuring your application when applying for different scholarships. My instructor clearly demonstrated all of the qualities of a world-class teacher and he himself had a top score on both the GRE and GMAT. His thorough understanding of the topics and ability to communicate concepts from various angles enabled him to pull the students in closer.
Anyone who wants to go abroad for higher studies Brightlink is the right place to be. I was so lost when i was applying to Uk and Brightlink made my dream come true. Today becuase of Talha Omer I am studying at one of the top university of UK, Warwick University. I highly recommend Brightlink for GMAT preparation and other guidance.
I was one of the student in Startup groups and had a wonderful time in BrightLink Prep….the training and guidance provided for GRE proved to be extremely helpful… I am sure that with more experience in teaching, Talha must have become Master in this art of competitive exam training….Highly recommended for any person interested in scoring well in such exams….
Best teacher and best place to prepare for GRE. Sir talha you are doing a great job. I just completed my GRE course at Brightlink and I am glad that I have learned a lot of new things which have helped me improve my understanding of GRE exam. The course is pretty grueling and I am really happy to have gone through the course because it keeps you motivated and going. I attribute a lot of my learning to Brightlink Prep.
I approached Mr Talha Omar to assist me with my personal statement writing and he made this harrowing task look like a doodle. And within few days, I perfected my personal statement that successfully captivated many graduate schools in the US. He is immensely humble, amiable, approachable and willing to help not only his students but anyone who genuinely needs his help. Having studied from Cornell and mentoring dozens of ambitious students, Mr Talha Omar is the best source of help for anyone who fervidly wants to pursue further education in the United States.
The application process to study in the US is quite an intricate one and for the novice can sometimes get a bit overwhelming. This is where Sir Talha and BrightLink Prep has been so helpful to so many perspective students. From offering preparatory classes for the GRE, to offering advice about essay writing and the selection of unis to apply to – BirghtLink Prep is the one stop shop for all those who are applying to study in the US. From personal experience I can say that there isn’t a better resource available out there to guide students through the complete process of applying abroad and the healthy number of Sir Talha’s students who have successfully gone through the process is just a testament to this fact.
- Q. Will your GRE preparation course cover all the content tested on the GRE?A. Yes, our courses are designed to cover all topics tested on the GRE. Our focus is on real conceptual learning for the Math and Verbal sections, rather than just test-taking tips and tricks. Thereafter, we emphasize on how to apply these concepts on actual GRE questions from previous exams – ensuring that our students hone their skills and application of strategies for each question type.
- Q. What preparation resources are included in your GRE prep course?A. When you enroll with us for a GRE course in Lahore, you receive a comprehensive set of preparation materials. This includes access to a personal online account with 2500+ questions and soft copies of the lectures and access to online quizzes and assignments.
- Q. How much homework do you give each week?A. A lot in fact. Each week you will get up to 100 homework questions plus 10 online quizzes that you will have to do over the week. Every week we will be discussing the homework questions. Please expect to spend up to 15-20 hours each week on the homework.
- Q. I took your GRE trial class in Lahore. If I want to sign up for a Full course, is my admission assured?A. Usually yes. But in rare cases if the class size exceeds the limit or if we feel that your basic pre-requisites are too weak to take the GRE test prep course, then we will have to excuse you from sitting in our course.
- Q. I missed your GRE prep class. How can I make it up?A. If multiple students miss the same class then we can arrange a cover up weekend class. But that is a rare exception. We highly encourage students to attend all classes in full and we are very strict when it comes to missing our GRE classes for no reason.
- Q. What is the duration of your course for GRE Preparation in Lahore?A. The duration is 8 weeks. We would like to point out that there is no other GRE preparation Institute in Lahore that offers a GRE course with duration of 8 weeks.
- Q. What is the cost of your GRE classes?A. The GRE preparation course costs PKR. 30,000.
- Q. Who teaches the GRE courses in Lahore?A. Talha Omer heads the GRE prep program in Lahore. It is due to his individual attention that Brightlink Prep is one the best GRE preparation institutes in Lahore.
- Q. Do I need to buy any outside material for this course?A. No. All the preparation material is provided to all of our students at NO extra charge. The course fee includes the cost of the material and resources.
- Q. Do you provide online GRE preparation classes?A. Yes we do offer an online prep course for the GRE. You can contact us for more details regarding the online course.
- Q. Do you offer GRE test preparation services in cities other than Lahore?A. Yes we do offer GRE prep classes in Islamabad & Rawalpindi. For more details you can contact us.
- Q. Do you help your students apply to American Universities and Fulbright Scholarship?A. Yes we do. If you want assistance with your Fulbright application in Pakistan, we are happy to assist with that. We help our GRE students search suitable universities in U.S. We also provide counseling in applying, editing and completing your application components, which include: Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation, and Resume etc.
- Q. How many practice tests do I get to do during this GRE course?A. We provide 12 real practice tests on top of the 2500 practice questions that we provide as part of the preparation material. These are the actual tests from past GRE exams and therefore help students apply the concepts learned in class on real GRE questions.
- Q. When do I get to do the GRE practice tests?A. The practice tests are like the real exam. These tests are timed and would require you to strictly follow standard testing procedures for the GRE. They also provide us with a way to diagnose your progress and help us evaluate each student’s weaknesses. This would allow us to work more closely with the students and provide them with a better GRE preparation experience. You will get access to them during the 5th week of the course.
- Q. Who writes all the GRE Questions and how real are they?A. We design and edit all the questions ourselves. They are as close to the real questions as possible and reflect a true test experience. We continually update these questions and incorporate new question types being currently tested on the GRE. We do this by closely observing the latest GRE Pakistan tests and questions to make sure that our preparation content is up to the highest level.
- Q. How difficult are the GRE prep test questions that you provide your students as part of your course?A. We cover a wide range of difficulty from easy to hard and have designed the questions to help you master the content completely. This uniqueness in content and customized questions is one of the major reasons why we believe Brightlink Prep is a one of the leading GRE preparation academies in Lahore.
- Q. I do not want to enroll in a preparation course for GRE in Pakistan. I think I will manage it myself but can I buy your GRE preparation test material only?A. Unfortunately not. This material is used to assist our students for GRE exam preparation. It is only helpful if it is supplemented with our teaching expertise. Otherwise it is not effective for self-study.
- Q. Do you offer selected options of preparing for GRE general test? By this I mean can I choose your preparation class for a particular section only?A. Unfortunately due to the large number of students coming in we are unable to offer partial courses – you will have to take the full course regardless.
- Q. Where do you conduct your GRE prep in Lahore?A. Our office and classes are located at the same place. The address is 190-C Model Town, which is the center of Lahore and conveniently accessible from all parts of Lahore.
- Q. What is the class size of your test prep for GRE?A. Usually the GRE exam prep class size is between 40 and 45 students.
- Q. Do I have to pay the total fee in advance?A. Yes, you pay 100% of the GRE prep class fee before the start of the course.
- Q. Is it possible that if I enroll for GRE test preparation in Lahore and then delay/defer my joining?A. Yes. We respond to student requests that suit them entirely. If you want to defer to another GRE session, it is definitely possible.
- Q. How can I register for GRE test in Pakistan?A. Once you have completed your GRE preparation in Pakistan, next comes the process of registering for the test. Find out how to register for GRE in Pakistan the official ETS website.
- Q. Is GRE International different from GRE Pakistan?A. Yes both are completely different. The local GRE is designed and conducted by the authorities in Pakistan called the NTS. Some public universities in Pakistan only accept it. On the contrary the international GRE is conducted by ETS and is for foreign university admissions.
- Q. Is the test preparation for the GRE general tests same as that for the local one?A. No. The GRE general test preparation and course content is completely different from that of the local GRE. Please note that many students of GRE in Pakistan conceive the two as the same. However they are totally different.
- Q. In case I am do not want to register for the course can I get some advice from you on how to prepare for GRE test?A. Definitely you can. You can meet us in person or send us an email to email@example.com.
- Q. I need to get an overall perspective on how to prepare for GRE new pattern exam. The reason being that I gave the old GRE more than 5 years ago and scored well. I did well on the GRE exam earlier and I think that with just the knowledge of how to prepare for the new pattern GRE I will be able to do well.A. We deliver GRE seminars and workshops 3-4 times a year. You can attend one of those to get a feel of what the real test is like.
- Q. What is a good score in GRE to get admission into a top university?A. Every foreign university has a different criterion. In order to confirm GRE score requirements please contact the university directly. But keep in mind that top U.S. universities require scores in the 90th percentile in order for you to have any chance of qualifying for an admission.
- Q. Do you think that 8 weeks of preparation for GRE is sufficient? I heard that it takes more than 3 months to prepare for the GRE exam in Pakistan.A. In most cases it is. But if you think that your individual needs are different, then you can spend more time until you are satisfied with your prep for GRE. We work with our GRE students in Pakistan until they are satisfied with their ease of dealing with all kinds of GRE questions. However without the guidance of a good GRE tutor in Pakistan, it easy to spend more than 3 months for GRE preparation without getting much benefit out of it. Please be careful when selecting resources for GRE studying. There is nearly an infinite amount of content available online and you may end up studying the wrong or irrelevant content. This will not only hurt your GRE score but also waste precious time. Therefore please choose rationally.
- Q. Is it possible that I can prepare for the exam before the scheduled end of your classes for the GRE?A. No. We would recommend that even if you are good at the GRE exam, still you should stay till the end of the course. There are many invaluable GRE math and verbal concepts that you will learn.
- Q. What pre-requisites do I need, in order to enroll for a course of GRE at BrightLink Prep?A. You must have taken Math courses at the Intermediate level and have most of your recent education in an English medium environment. If that is not the case then we would advise you against taking the GRE and look for other alternatives instead.
- Q. I think I am good at GRE exam. Can you give me some tips on how to prepare for GRE on my own?A. GRE cannot be prepared just with the tips. It needs a lot of hard work and dedication both from the teacher and the student. We would suggest that rather than focusing on GRE tips and strategies, sit down with the book and focus on some through studying and practicing.
- Q. Do you think if I prepare for GRE on my own I will get a good score?A. Yes you can. Preparing for GRE does not always require coaching or support. Many self-study GRE aspirants have devoted time and energy to achieve their end. We know many students for GRE in Pakistan who have, through hard work and dedication achieved top positions.
- Q. Are there any other GRE general test prep courses available in Lahore?A. There must be other GRE preparation institute in Lahore. Unfortunately we cannot advocate any. You will have to ask around and research about them on your own. However Brightlink Prep is one of the best GRE prep places in Pakistan and we would recommend that you visit us to get a feel of how it is like studying here.
- Q. I want to know whether you teach at other institutes in Lahore for GRE preparation?A. No we don’t. We re fully focused towards BrightLink Prep and our vision is to make it the best GRE preparation institute in Lahore and eventually in Pakistan.
- Q. I have heard that preparing for GRE requires a lot of dedication. Is that true?A. Yes. Please keep in mind that for an above par GRE score, you must dedicate atleast 100 hours of smart studying.
- Q. Are there any GRE prep guides that you provide?A. Yes we do. We provide you with all the material required to get over 90 percentile on the revised GRE exam.
- Q. What courses do I need to study in order to prepare GRE?A. You need to be apt at basic (O-Levels/Metric) Mathematics and basic understanding of the English language. Although some high level vocabulary is required but it can be learned from our classes for GRE Preparation in Lahore.
- Q. Can I prepare for the GRE with a degree in arts?A. Yes you can. But only if have taken Math subjects in your O-levels or HSSC/Matriculation. Otherwise it will become a bigger challenge than it already is.
- Q. What is the difference between ETS GRE and NTS GRE?A. NTS GRE or more commonly know as GAT Test by NTS is conducted and applicable in Pakistan only. However ETS GRE is a universally accepted standardized admissions test accepted by all international universities.
- Q. I was searching on how to prepare for the GRE and found out that I cannot retake the test before 2 months. Is this correct?A. Yes this is true. Since ETS revised the GRE exam in August last year, one can no longer re-take the GRE test before another 2 months as stated by the ETS.
- Q. I think I need help with the GRE quantitative section only.A. Unfortunately we are unable to offer partial courses due to the large number of students coming in. You will have to take the full course.
- Q. Do you offer GRE prep classes in Karachi?A. No. Right now we only offer GRE Preparation classes in Lahore, Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
- Q. When I read about how to prepare for the ETS GRE, I realized it requires a lot of vocabulary. Is that true?A. Thorough GRE preparation requires learning 1000-1500 frequent GRE words. Otherwise the chances of getting a high score are really slim. But you must be smart at choosing those words since you must focus on the most GRE relevant vocabulary.
- Q. Does your test prep GRE course concentrate more on the verbal or the quantitative section?A. Our course is a balance of the two. However some students have special needs and they want more attention on certain sections. In this case we give them extra work and exercises.
- Q. Is the GRE acceptable by business schools as well?A. Since GRE got revised in august of 2011, a lot of business schools have started accepting the GRE exam in lieu of GMAT. However we would recommend that you check with your individual university.
- Q. After taking your preparation classes for GRE, how long can I wait before I take the GRE test?A. We recommend our students to take the GRE exam within one week after they end with our classes. The longer you wait, the higher the chances that you will lose momentum.
- Q. For a beginner like me, how long do you think I would need to fully prepare for the GRE? A. In our teaching experience it should not take more than 8 weeks of dedicated preparation. This means that you are spending at least 3 to 4 hours each day studying for the GRE test.
- Q. Is the GRE exam accepted by Pakistani universities?A. Some do. For instance LUMS, FAST and NUST. Still you must make sure by contacting the specific university and department. You would not want to prepare hard for the GRE only to find out that it is not acceptable for your majors.
- Q. Do you offer courses only in GRE general test preparation?A. Yes. We only provide GRE preparation classes for the general test. We do not offer any GRE classes for subject test preparation.
- Q. Does everyone need coaching for the GRE?A. Every student is different. Before you enroll in any one of our GRE courses, we recommend taking a free trial class and mock test with us. Then you can decide if you need a GRE preparation class.
- Q. What makes your GRE test prep course different from the rest in Pakistan?A. We are one of the few academies in Pakistan where the instructors take the GRE exam regularly and do well. So we have real experience of preparing for and taking the test. On top of that there is no other GRE coaching institute in Pakistan that has a faculty with such an experience.
- Q. I saw you conducted a GRE preparation course in Karachi but you said that you do not offer GRE classes too in Karachi?A. Yes that is correct. Every year we visit the top universities of Pakistan to conduct GRE seminars, lectures and workshops. This way we are able to increase awareness of GRE in Pakistan. Also we are able to share inside knowledge of how the admissions and scholarships procedure work in the U.S.
- Q. Can I go to U.S. without taking the GRE exam?A. Unfortunately GRE is a compulsory requirement for all universities in the U.S. Even if a certain university gives you an admission without the GRE test, there are chances that the embassy will deny you the visa. Therefore in rare cases where your university does not require the GRE score, it is always recommended to have it in order to avoid any unwanted events such as visa denial. Also please be advised that in order to get scholarships from your host university you must have a GRE score. Almost all U.S. scholarships and financial aid programs require you to have the GRE score.
- Q. Do you give individual coaching for the GRE?A. Yes we do offer personalized coaching classes for GRE preparation. You can contact us to discuss your individual needs and requirements.
- Q. Do you offer a crash course in GRE?A. No. We do not offer a crash course for GRE preparation. The reason being that GRE is a tough test and it requires a lot of dedicated and individualized preparation. This can only be achieved through devoted and persistent effort. On the contrary a crash course is only meant to provide a cursory overview of the GRE exam and in our experience students who endeavor to take this short cut route eventually hurt their scores. Hence we always advise students against taking a GRE crash course.
- Q. I took my GRE and did well. Now I need help with writing my personal statement. I found out that personal statement is a very crucial component of the application along with the GRE. Can you give me any assistance in writing one?A. We help students in every way possible and at every step of their application process for admissions to U.S. universities. If you need further help with writing the statement of purpose, please contact us. We will then move forward from there.
- Q. Do you offer GMAT preparation classes in Lahore?A. Yes we have a separate course for the preparation of GMAT exam.
GRE Preparation Lahore— Brightlink Prep
Avg. Rating: 9.5