Gates Cambridge Scholarships for Pakistani Students
Gates Cambridge Scholarships for Pakistani Students are extremely prestigious and competitive scholarships. They are awarded to applicants from Pakistan who wish to pursue a full-time degree at the University of Cambridge. These scholarships are available for a postgraduate degree in any field at the University of Cambridge. This scholarship program was started in 2000 after an initial donation of $210 million from the software magnate Bill Gates and his wife Melinda Gates.
Who can apply?
Pakistani students looking to apply for the GATES Cambridge scholarships must:
- Be a citizen of Pakistan
- Be applying to a full-time course in the university of cambridge
- Have a proven record of academic excellence.
What subjects can I study?
Students from Pakistan can study any subject for their postgraduate and doctoral studies at the university of Cambridge.
How many scholarships are offered?
Upto 90 scholarships are awarded every year.
What is the duration of the award?
This scholarship is awarded for the entire duration of the postgraduate course you are admitted to.
Which country (-ies) can I study at?
You can only study at University of Cambridge in U.K.
What expenses are covered?
This scholarship provides following perks and benefits :
- It covers all of your tuition fee
- It provides and annual allowance of £ 13,500
- Airfare for two return tickets, one at the beginning of the course and one at the end of the course.
- Family allowance is awarded i.e. £7,775 for a first child and up to £1,200 for second child.
- If you are presenting at a conference you will be paid £500 a year.
What is the selection criterion?
This scholarship is very competitive and students from Pakistan must show excellent academic record, leadership potential and commitment towards improving lives of others.
How to Apply?
There is no separate application for GATES scholarship. You will have to apply through the graduate office at the University of Cambridge. While applying to Cambridge University you will have to fill in the GRADSAF application form, provide academic transcripts, 2 academic references and 1 personal reference.
What is the deadline?
Last date to submit application for 2014 session is DECEMBER 03, 2013.