Australian Award Scholarship Pakistan 2014 – 2015
Australia Awards Scholarships is given to Pakistani students to pursue a Masters program in 2015. It aims to improve their intellectual ability and leadership skills so that they can come back and contribute in the development of Pakistan. It has the vision to allow Pakistani students and future leaders to build strong social links with people from abroad.
Half of the scholarships are given to female students and 5% are provided to those who have a disability. As part of the Masters degree the students are also allowed to work for a few weeks and attend conferences in Australia. Moreover Pakistani students must return to Pakistan for a minimum period of 2 years after completing their education. Applications were opened on 9th February 2014 and the last date to apply will be 21 March 2014.
Applicants from Balochistan, Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA) and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) are given slight preference.
• Basic education services
• Maternal, neonatal and child health services
• Rural development and food security
• Trade for economic growth
• Water Resource management
Moreover every filed has a separate quota which is as follows:
• 30% of the scholarships will be awarded to Public sector policy makers and practitioners
• 20% of the scholarships will be awarded to Public sector reformers and leaders
• 40% of the scholarships will be awarded to Non-profit civil society / development Workers or associates
• 10% of the scholarships will be awarded to Private sector reformers and promoters of pro-poor growth
Degree Level: Master’s
Scholarship Provider: Australia awards scholarship are provided by Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
Scholarship can be availed at: Any accredited Australian University.
Eligibility Criteria: The Pakistani student must:
• apply to the subjects eligible under the Australian Scholarship award
• be a Pakistani citizen living in Pakistan in the last 24 months
• not have applied immigration to Australia or New Zealand
• not have another scholarship or held another scholarship in last 24 months
• have 16 years of education
• have two years of minimum work experience after 16 years of education in the field in which they are applying
• have minimum 6.5 in IELTS with no less than 6 in each section
• Not be more than 45 years of age at the time of applications
• for research based masters degree, applicants must provide a 1000 words long research proposal
Scholarship is Open for: Students from Pakistan.
Number of scholarships: Not known
Duration of scholarship: 1 to 2 years
Award of the Scholarship: Pakistani students who receive this scholarship will get the following scholarship benefits:
• 1 return air ticket every year
• a one time settling allowance
• 100% tuition waiver
• fully paid living expense
• full health coverage
• research students will be given a research allowance
Selection Criteria: Applicants from Pakistan must have a perfect academic and behavioural record. They must be proficient in English language since all the courses are taught in English in the university. Moreover Pakistani students must be well versed in their field of interest.
Notification: Not disclosed.
How to Apply: Pakistani applicants must apply online.
Scholarship Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is 21 March 2014.