2014 Engineering PhD Scholarship for Pakistani Students at Turkey
Current PhD students or early postdoctoral researchers from Pakistan in the field of Engineering and related programs can now apply for a 12 month long scholarship at “The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK)”. Those Pakistani students who have the potential to contribute towards Turkey’s aim of development in the scientific and technological areas will be given preference. Last date to apply for this fellowship is 12th April 2014.
Eligible Subjects: Scholarships will be given to Pakistani applicants who belong to the fields Engineering, Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Social Sciences and Humanities.
Degree Level: Current PhD or early postdoctoral researchers in Pakistan can apply for research at Turkey for a period of 12 months.
Scholarship Provider: The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK)
Scholarship can be availed at: Turkey
• Applicants must be Pakistani nationals.
• Pakistani students must have admission at any Turkish university.
• Applicants must be aged 35 years or below.
• Applicants must be enrolled in a PhD program in Pakistan
• Early postdoctoral researchers who apply for this fellowship must have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA in their PhD.
Scholarship is Open for: Students from Pakistan.
Number of scholarships: Several
Duration of scholarship: 1 year
Award of the Scholarship:
• A monthly stipend of 2.250 Turkish Liras
• Travel costs and health insurance will be partially covered
• 5.000 Turkish Liras for research expenses
Those candidates who demonstrate the ability to contribute to Turkey’s goal of scientific and technological development will be given preference. Candidates must be able to show:
• A high quality Research potential and proposal
• Impact to Pakistan and to Turkey
• Ability to implement the proposed research
Notification: Not disclosed.
How to Apply: Pakistani applicants must apply by filling the application form available online.
The following documents must accompany your application:
• Online Application form
• Copy of passport
• Resume/CV along with a list of publications
• Research proposal
• Personal Statement or Motivation Letter
• All previous education transcripts starting from college
• Acceptance letter from the Turkish University
• Permit for leave of absence from applicant’s institution
• Language proficiency certificate
• Two letters of recommendation
Scholarship Deadline: The deadline for submission of applications is 12th April 2014.